Frequently Asked Questions
Which countries are eligible for India eVISA?
Below listed are 10 countries eligible for Indian eVISA as per Indian government policy.
- Indian eVISA granted are non-extendable. If you overstay without appropriate legal permission then it will consider illegal and a fine will be levied on you.
What are the purposes for which I can apply for India eVISA?Following are the purpose for which you can apply for India eVISA:
- Casual visit to meet friends or relatives,
- Short duration medical treatment or
- Casual business visit.
What are the Technical Aspects to keep in mind?
The GYEV website is best viewed in
- Internet Explorer 9.x or higher.
- Mozilla Firefox® 35.x or higher.
- Safari 9.0 or higher
- Chrome 36 or higher or an equivalent browser software
You must also have Adobe Acrobat Reader version 7.0 or higher installed on your PC in order to download and print the completed application form.
Please verify that Java Script and cookies are enabled on your computer.
Please check that the date / time on your computer are set correctly. If the date / time is set in the future, this can result in NOT being able to advance past the first page in some browsers.
How secure is my info while making payment on your website?For payments you are redirected to independent gateways which are global payment processing companies. GYEV never stores your credit card data. Your online transaction is secure and processed over secure encrypted connections.
Is the Indian eVISA for Single Entry or Multiple Entry?Indian eVISA, Multiple entry visa is applicable for eTourist & eBusiness Visa and Tripple Entry for e-Medical visa. eligible countries.
What are the advantages of applying online for a Indian eVisa?Applying for India eVISA has now become an easy experience, if applied through GYEV. We offer multiple benefits which will help to process India eVISA quickly and hassle free.
- Online application process which is quick and time saving
- Document checklist help to understand the documentation aspect acceptable by Indian government more clearly.
- You can correct and double check information while applying. Thus, it helps quick application in one go.
- confidential information provided by customers are secured through a reliable virtual platform.
- You can recover eVisa through email in case of loss
What are the documents required for India eVISA?
Following documents are required to apply for Indian eVISA
- Passport: Scan bio-page (valid within more than 6 months at time of entry with at least 3 blank pages).
- Your recent photograph (front facing, white background)
All of the documents need to be attached in the email you send to us.
How to Apply for India eVISA through GYEV?GYEV has created a complete virtual application platform to serve applicants applying for India eVISA effectively.
To view step by step India eVISA Application process click here.
If you are aware about the process of online application of India eVISA an want to start your application process click here.
What are the advantages of choosing India eVISA?With GYEV services, applying for India eVISA is much easier. Following are the benefits of applying for India eVISA through GYEV.
- Online application with minimal human intervention.
- Document checklist as per Indian government requirement
- Cross verification of information is possible. No need to fill information again and again
- Electronic visa can be recovered via mail in case it’s lost.
- Recommended to avoid rush and avail visas without any hassle
What is the average processing time for India eVisa?The average processing time for India eVisa is 24-72 hours.
Do children require a visa to visit India?Yes. Children require a visa to visit India. Separate visa application must be filled for each child.
Do I need a printed copy of the Indian eVisa?Yes. You are required to carry a printed copy of your eVISA at your port of entry.
What do I Need to Present at Port of Entry?At the Port of entry, you need to present below documents:
- Your valid passport
- A printed copy of your Indian eVISA (Soft copies on electronic devices are not accepted.)
- Your boarding Pass (the pass for boarding an aircraft, given to you when the ticket is issued or upon check-in at the airport)
Further, you need to have sufficient funds to cover your expenses during your stay in India.
Do I need to go to the consulate to get my Indian eVisa?No. India eVISA application will be complete online and thus there is no need for you to go to consulate personally.