Indian eVisa Information
- For tourism reasons, the e-Tourist Visa
- For business reasons, the e-Business Visa
- For medical reasons, the e-Medical Patient Visa
1. About the e-Tourist Visa for India (e-Visa)
The e-Visa for India is an online travel authorisation and is a multiple-entry visa with a maximum of 180 days, created by the Indian Government in 2014. All those who are eligible and wish to travel to and within India are required to have a valid e-Visa India. Reason for traveling with a e-tourist visa:
- Meeting friends/relatives
- Yoga retreat
2. About the e-Business Visa for India
The e-Business Visa for India is an online electronic travel authorization and is a multiple-entry visa with a maximum stay of 180 days for any of the following reasons:
- For sales/purchases or trade.
- To attend technical/business meetings.
- To set up industrial/business venture.
- To conduct tours.
- To deliver lecture(s) under Global Initiative for Academic Networks (GIAN).
- To recruit manpower.
- To participate in exhibitions or business/trade fairs.
- Expert/specialist in connection with an on-going project.
3. About the e-Medical visa
The e-medical Visa for India is an online travel authorization for foreign nationals, allowing the holder to enter the country a total of 3 times.
- The e-Medical Patient Visa is a short-term visa granted for the reason of medical treatment and is only granted to the patient and not to family members.
- The e-Medical Companion of Patient visa is a short-term visa granted for the reason of accompanying a patient having medical treatment with an e-Medical visa. Only two (2) e-Medical Companion of Patient Visas will be granted for each e-Medical Patient Visa.
4. e-Visa India important guidelines
Please consider the following:
- It is non-convertible and non-extendable
- Applicants are required to have sufficient funds to support themselves during their stay in India
- Travelers are required to carry a copy of their approved e-Visa India authorisation at all times during their stay
- Visitors must have a return or an onward ticket when applying
- All applicants must have an individual passport, regardless of their age
- Parents may not include their child(ren) in their online Visa for India application
- The e-Visa India is not valid for Protected / Restricted or Cantonment areas
- The applicant’s passport must be valid for at least 6 months from the date of arrival in India
- The traveler’s passport must have at least 2 blank pages for the immigration and border control authorities to place the entry and exit stamps
- Applicants who hold International Travel Documents or Diplomatic Passports cannot apply for an e-Visa India
Note: Pakistani nationals and passport holders are required to submit a standard entry Visa application.
5. e-Visa India eligible countries
Citizens of the following countries are eligible to apply for an e-Visa India:
All eligible applicants with a valid passport may submit their e-Visa India online application here.
Important note: Applicants whose country of citizenship is not on the list will need to apply for a regular visa at the nearest embassy or consulate.
6. e-Visa Document Requirements
To apply for an e-Visa India applicants are required to have:
- Valid passport
- Email address
- Credit card
Applicants are required to complete their application with the following personal information exactly as shown in the passport they will be using to travel to India:
- Full name
- Date and place of birth
- Passport number
It is very important that the information provided during the e-Visa India application process matches exactly the passport that will be used to travel and enter India. This is because the approved e-Visa India will be directly linked to it.
During the application process, applicants will also be required to answer a few simple background questions to determine their eligibility to enter India. The questions will be related to their current employment status and the ability to financially support oneself during their stay in India.
7. e-Visa India evidence requirements
Applicants are required to submit a scanned color copy of the first (biographical) page of their current passport and a recent passport-style color photo that meets the following requirements:
- The applicant’s face must be clearly visible
- The photograph must have a white background
- The photograph must be in focus
- The applicant's head must be centered
- The photograph must show the applicant’s head from the crown to the tip of the chin
Additional e-Business Visa evidence requirements:
The e-Business Visa applicants must provide the previous mention requirements, along with the following:
- Business Card, the simplest, OR Business Letter;
- Answer certain questions regarding the sending and receiving organizations.
Additional evidence requirements for e-Medical Patient Visas:
The e-Medical Visa applicants must provide the previous mention requirements, along with the following:
- Letter from hospital in India;
- Answer questions concerning the hospital in India that will be visited.
At the moment of application, it is not necessary to have all the evidence requirements as you can provide all of them at a later date.
8. Yellow Fever travel requirements
Citizens of a Yellow Fever affected country are required to present a Yellow Fever Vaccination Card on arrival.
Following is a list of all the Yellow Fever affected countries, whose citizens are required to present a Yellow Fever Vaccination Card:
Note: Travelers who are not able to present their Yellow Fever Vaccination Card when required will be quarantined for a maximum of 6 days, after arrival.
9. e-Visa India authorised entry ports
All those travelling to India with an e-Visa India are required to enter the country through 33 designated ports of entry. They may, however, exit from any of the authorised Immigration Check Posts (ICPs) in India.
List of the authorised landing Airports and seaports in India:
- Chennai Seaport
- Cochin Seaport
- Goa Seaport
- Mangalore Seaport
- Mumbai Seaport
All those entering India through any other port of entry, will be required to apply for a standard Visa at the closest Indian Embassy or Consulate.
10. Check e-Visa India status
Once the application for e-Visa India is submitted, applicants will receive email updates and notifications regarding their online visa for India. Once the online visa for India application is approved, it will be sent directly to the applicant via email.
Applicants may check their e-Visa India application status here.
11. Online application for an e-Visa for India
To apply for an e-Visa India, applicants are required to have a current passport, email address and a credit card.
The information provided during the online application such as name, date and place of birth, gender, marital status, address, nationality and passport number, needs to be exactly the same as shown in the passport. Applicants will need to travel with the passport linked to the online application.
All personal and payment information provided during the application process, is protected and will not be disclosed or shared with any third parties or marketing agencies.
To apply for an e-Visa India (e-Tourist, e-Business or e-Medical), eligible applicants may submit their online visa for India application here.